Technology is supposed to help you run your business, not make it harder. But sometimes that’s exactly what it does. Managing the administration of your technical footprint can become as big a job as your actual job – running a successful staffing firm.
There are many technologies for a staffing business to consider, and a lack of integration among them creates a lot of extra work to manage individually and to bring data from one tool to the other. Like many staffing executives, you might feel overwhelmed by the technical challenges of integration or intimidated by the cost of seeking help. But you don’t have to.
The four essential technologies for your staffing business
Let’s start with the four technologies that every staffing business needs to run not just well but optimally – for maximum profit and productivity.
• Communication tools: Today’s workforce wants to communicate differently than other generations. In fact, in a recent survey, 68% of millennials and 73% of Gen X said they wanted to hear about job opportunities via text, making that an important way to connect with candidates. Similarly, businesses are more frequently using AI chatbots in their recruiting. But integrating these technologies – along with video, file sharing and even your phone system – is a must if you want to extract the most value.
• Security: In the staffing industry, you have access to loads of sensitive information about candidates. If your security is not up to par, you’re vulnerable to a host of attacks, and the end result could be not only the loss of your clients’ and candidates’ trust, but a hefty monetary cost as well. IBM’s annual Cost of a Data Breach Report for 2020 reveals that when a breach involves personally identifiable information, it can cost a business $150 per record. How would that cost multiply for your business?
You might already have some of the tools you need to prevent a breach in your systems, such as those in Microsoft 365. However, without the right expertise at hand, it’s often difficult to ensure you have everything set up properly and integrated with your other systems.
• Business intelligence (BI): One of the biggest timewasters in business is the time spent gathering, inputting, and analyzing data – much less the time spent actually figuring out how to act on it. Automating your business intelligence with the right reporting tools like Microsoft Power BI is key to growing your business. When the right reports are run automatically, you’re more prepared to use that information to improve your business.
• Applicant Tracking System (ATS): In a recent survey, 75% of recruiters and talent managers said they use some form of recruiting or ATS. Of those, 94% said software has improved their hiring process. Furthermore, the efficient utilization of a truly integrated ATS creates a preferred client and candidate experience that perpetuates referrals and repeat business.
If you’re using an ATS, is it integrated with the other technologies you use for maximum productivity? Like the other technologies we’ve mentioned, proper integration offers vastly improved results.
What you need to make technology work for your staffing business
You might have guessed it by now, but integration of your key technologies is the secret ingredient to getting the biggest bang for your buck – without hours upon hours of management on your part.
This productivity-boosting integration comes from working with the right partner – one that will:
• Simplify your technical footprint for added cost savings, workflow efficiency and ease of management. (Yes, even hardware.)
• Create standard or custom BI dashboards that connect to virtually any data source and continuously update throughout the day, giving you the information you need right when you need it.
• Ensure you stay ahead of the latest security threats and are protected by the best possible measures.
How Moonshot Innovations can help
The team at Moonshot Innovations has decades of experience in the needs and challenges of growing staffing firms. We offer a flexible, monthly package that contains only the tools, functionality and service levels that are right for your business. We can even provide additional hardware if that’s what you need to grow and succeed.
Whatever your challenges are, we make sure you’re set up to limit surprises and scale up or down as your business goals and needs change. Contact us to find out how we can take technology worries off your plate ASAP.